Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cabled Slouch

This isn't a pattern of my own but a modified pattern. I love Rheatheylia's Cable Hat pattern and have made multiple hats with it. So when I wanted to make a cute slouch hat I turned to a pattern I love.
Here's how I modified it:
Use hook size 6.5mm/K
Crochet as written for larger hat until rnd 12,
1st rnd 12: dc in between fpdc & bpdc (will make 3 bpdc next rnd)
Continue with the pattern as written but with 3 bpdc instead of 2.
Do 2 sets of the rnds 10-12 regularly,
on the next set of 10-12-
rnd 12: bpdc in 1st bpdc, bpdc2tog over next two bpdc.
Do one more set of rnds 10-12 (with 2 bpdc).
Switch to 4.25mm/G hook.
Crochet brim as written in pattern.


If you have any questions or anything needs clarification feel free to ask.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Found your blog through Ravelry and I'm starting to work on this hat now for a Christmas present. Did you use a K hook intentionally or because that's the hook that matched your gauge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, I've been out of town and today is the first day I've had internet. I hope the hat came out well. I used K intentionally to give it extra movement.

    ReplyDelete